The admission committee constituted by the Board of Director, comprising of senior teachers of Women Medical College Abbottabad will scrutinize all the documents, submitted by the candidates.
The entry test papers are marked by the staff of Women Medical College under the chairmanship of Principal and Admission Committee soon after the test is over. The computer marked result is usually completed within few hours and the checked final list is displayed on the general notice board of the Women Medical College on the same day ensuring transparency of the total procedure.
After the entry test results is received, the interview time and date is announced by the Principal and communicated by mail or electronic media to candidates. The admission selection committee interviews the successful candidates and determines their eligibility for admission purely on merit basis and eventually 100 students are admitted. The interview is conducted mainly to ascertain the ability of the student to undertake the tough and difficult course of medical education and to assess their general knowledge, aptitude, physical, mental and financial determination to complete the course. It is preferred if the parents or guardians of the candidate also accompany him. Final Selection list is prepared by the approval of Principal.
A team of Medical Doctors is provided in the campus to medically examine the selected candidates for their mental and physical fitness and ensures the vaccination done already or offers vaccination on payment for Hepatitis-B and Typhoid.
- The relative weightage of all the components of admission process, academic achievements in Matriculation/ Intermediate or its equivalent, entrance test, interviews and medical fitness are added up to finalize the merit list.
- The top 100 student candidates are invited in writing to join the 1st year MBBS class.
- No formal waiting list is announced. All the remaining enlisted candidates in the serial of merit list prepared finally stay on merit list.
- Any dropout student or expelled student will be replaced from the waiting list on merit.
- If a selected student does not turn up for classes for a period of fortnight after the selection list is displayed finally will be replaced by a candidate from amongst the waiting list.
- If a student fails to deposit full fee for admission for a period of one week after the start of classes will automatically lose her right for admission. This grace period must also be supported by a genuine difficulty/ problem in writing and got approved by Admission Selection Committee/ Principal/ Member Board of Management.
- All the selected candidates will be officially informed through mail (official letter for admission).
- After having gone through the selection procedure, the student is eligible to be admitted to Women Medical College and is required to pay the college dues to cashier in the Finance Department of the college.
- The requirement for admission will not be complete without entry test.
- Applications containing ceritifcates of qualification other then the intermediate and secondary boards of Pakistan must be provided with the equivalence certificate from IBCC Islamabad.
- The medium of instructions through out the course of studies of MBBS is English. The candidate is required to be proficient in English – written or oral and must be capable to communicate in English.
- Simply passing English test is not enough to get a comfortable learning in Women Medical College, Abbottabad
- Any candidate who does not fulfill the criteria of eligibility failing in Entry Test or Interview or being declared mentally or physically unfit by the medical board will lose its right for admission.
- The decision of Principal in all matters of admission will be final and cannot be challenged in the court of law.
- The result of the final selection will also be on the college website www.wmc.edu.pk.
- Telephone calls of the applicant, parents, relative or friends to admission office regarding the selection list is discouraged. All the selected candidate will recieve the official selection letter/ intimation through electronic media at the earliest soon after the list is ready.