Every student is required to read, know and abide by the rules and regulations of the college mentioned in this prospectus.
- The student must realize that the college administration is to:-
- Maintain the discipline in the college.
- Conduct the college and university exams.
- Implement the rules and regulations of PM&DC.
- Implement the rules and regulations of University of Peshawar.
- Groom the students to become a good professional doctor besides becoming a good human being.
- Inculcate in the students, a great amount of sympathy for humans esp. patients and ailing humanity.
- Infuse into the student, kindness, dedication and sacrifice.
- Make the student a conscious doctor who is ready to meet all challenges of life and serve the nation selflessly.
Likewise the students are required.
- To be hardworking, punctual and devoted to studies and get a proper training in the hospital.
- Every student is required to attend minimum of 75% of lectures, practicals, demonstration, seminar, clinical training in-patient and out-patients etc failing which she will not be permitted to appear in the university examination.
- A student remaining absent continuously from a class for a period of two weeks will be reported to the Principal for disciplinary action. The student’s name may be struck off from the college roll with a right to appeal within one week after the issuance of struck off notice. If the student doesn’t report to Principal for a period of four weeks, her name is finally struck off from the college.
- The clinical students i.e. 3rd, 4th and Final Year students shall be required to do hospital duty during vacation if needed.
- An application alongwith a valid medical certificate should be submitted by the student to the Principal, in cases of illness debarring the student to attend classes. The permission granted by the Principal will NOT condemn the required percentage of attendance by the University examination branch. However such student will be allowed to completer her deficiency of attendance by available means.
- Student absenting herself from classes will be fined by the Principal.
- No student is allowed to leave the class room, laboratory, ward and OPD without prior permission to the concerned teacher.
- The student must wear the prescribed uniform of the college during classes, lab work, clinical work or field tours/ study tours.
a. College Uniform: Navy Blue Shirt with White shalwar and dopatta. White overall (knee length)
- In case of loss of ID card, a duplicate card will be issued on payment of Rs.200/-
- The student is required to surrender the ID card after completion of MBBS course.
- The students must observe discipline at all times in college, hospital and hostel. The students should avoid making noise or indulging in any unhealthy activity within college/ hospital/ hostel premises.
- Student are not allowed to keep weapons in their possession.
- The students should refrain from
a.Doing anything which may cause insult/ injury to the faculty member,/ any other employee or fellow student.
b.Taking out procession in any part of college/ hostel/ hospital premises.
c.Using unfair means in examination/ class tests.
d. Damaging college/ hospital/ hostel property.
e. Indulging in any unlawful unhealthy activity even outside the college which may bring bad name to institution.
- Any student desirous of addressing the Principal by letter must do separately. Joint application will not be entertained. Any student can make representation on any matter has the right to direct access to Principal during college hours.
- Parents / guardians are expected to cooperate with college's administration by prevailing upon their daughter/ wards to avoid taking part in anti-institutional activities.
- No student in college/ hospital shall be permitted to have any link with a private dispensary or a consulting room to pose or work as medical practitioner.
- It is desirable to medical students to involve themselves to reasonable extent in extracurricular activities such as debates, sports and other literary pursuits.
- College timings for the student and teaching staff is 8:00am to 2:00pm. General Administration from 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Regular meetings of the faculty members and parents/ guardians/ students will be held as and when required.
- Women Medical College will observe all gazetted holidays as notified by the Government of Pakistan/ Government of NWFP. Besides, the college will observe the following vacations:
a. Summer Vacations: 10-20 days depending on weather condition.
Winter Vacations: Two months in January February